Strawberry muffins are the perfect way to enjoy fresh summer berries.
Sweet tender muffins are packed with fresh strawberries dotted in every bite and just a hint of cinnamon.
Bake these bites to enjoy for snacks or breakfast or bake and freeze for lunchboxes!
Sweet Strawberry Muffins!
- The basic strawberry muffin recipe is so quick and easy, you can make a batch or two first thing in the morning and have fresh muffins to start the day!
- Stick with summer strawberries or switch it up using seasonal fruits throughout the year!
- Make mini muffins as an afterschool snack. Better yet, pop one or two into a lunchbox or briefcase for a sweet surprise. Bake in batches and enjoy all week!
- Strawberry muffins are so versatile! Serve them as a tasty breakfast with honey butter, or as a dessert like a strawberry shortcake with a dollop of whipped cream!
Ingredients & Variations
Batter – The best muffins start with the best ingredients! Choose large eggs, whole-fat dairy, and real butter! Greek yogurt can be used instead of sour cream or swap out the cinnamon for cinnamon sugar, or a multi-purpose apple spice blend.
Strawberries – Frozen strawberries can be used once they are thawed, but fresh berries are always best. A combination of strawberries and rhubarb can be used in this recipe or try raspberries or blackberries.
Toppings – Not required, but these toppings make strawberry muffins a little more ‘extra’! Sprinkle on some oatmeal with chocolate chips before baking or serve with whipped strawberry butter.
How to Make Strawberry Muffins
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl & wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Gently toss strawberries in the flour mixture & make a well in the center.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the center of the dry ingredients & mix until just moistened.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin & bake (per the recipe below).
- Remove & cool on a wire rack.
Best Way to Store Muffins
Keep strawberry muffins in a covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze cooled muffins by either wrapping each one separately in plastic wrap (for grab-and-go goodness!) or in a large zippered bag for up to 8 weeks.
More Muffins to Make!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Morning Glory Muffins
Did your family love these Strawberry Muffins? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
5 from 2 votes↑ Click stars to rate now!
Or to leave a comment, click here!
Moist & fluffy muffins made from scratch are loaded with fresh strawberries in every bite! SaveSaved! Print Prep Time 20 minutesCook Time 25 minutesTotal Time 45 minutes Servings 12 muffins Author Holly Nilsson Muffin PanParchment Muffin Liners
- ▢ 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ▢ 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ▢ ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ▢ ½ teaspoon salt
- ▢ 1 cup sugar
- ▢ 1 egg beaten, room temperature
- ▢ ½ cup sour cream
- ▢ ½ cup butter melted, or vegetable oil
- ▢ ¼ cup milk
- ▢ 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ▢ 1 ¾ cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Grease twelve muffin wells or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl with a whisk.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar, egg, sour cream, butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the chopped strawberries to the flour mixture and toss to combine. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened. Do not overmix.
- Divide the muffin batter over 12 wells.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 1 minute in the pan. Remove and cool on a baking rack.
Keep leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze cooled muffins by wrapping each one separately in plastic wrap or in a large zippered bag for up to 8 weeks. 5 from 2 votes↑ Click stars to rate now!
Or to leave a comment, click here! Calories: 244 | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 328IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Follow us on Pinterest